Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Ecumenical



yesterday was a struggle. my lunch hour was spent weeping. the beauty in this is how much intensity my emotions now carry and the depth of release that is acheived by sitting with my feelings. within myself each day there are factions making their plea for attention: the poor me, which drives me toward isloation and trying to control everything rather than asking for and accepting help, and acceptance of each moment on life's terms - was my mantle yesterday.

phone calls, weeping, doing laundry, cooking/eating nourshing food, a pleasant visit with virginia once i was regrounded - all of these wrestle the poor me to the ground and give him a hug. i was suspended for decades in the emotional age group of 5-14 and it remains astonishing when the adult nurturing and comfort from within my soul kicks in. glad glad glad to be alive now.

it will be a quiet and internally lit new year's celebration this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home