Thursday, November 30, 2006

Words for music


today i'll begin a series of blogs that are intended to be lyrical poems that accompany some new musical ideas i'm exploring for an album. my normal process is to record an album every year or 2, a combination of studio and home recordings, as well as composed and improvised music.

there are some poems, and certainly momentum from these writings and the previous HumbleServant project that can be accessed, but now my intention is set to bring out ideas that fit, due to patterns of rythum and flow of images, within a musical framework. here's the first one:

"take my name"

dawn expression out along the walking tree
our beginnings heading toward some open cabin
enter into me
take my name into the chambers of your heart
take my name to silence, to delivery
take my name to where the resting carves a fire
carves a fire
pales the wind
blackens summer fall and winter to your spring

filling open shadow southland loneliness
bellies full, a green vernada, take this drinking water to her
falling into sky
take my name into your mesa, your continuance
take my name along a road where dangers pale
take my name applying pressure to the wound
to the wound
blood is drying
even temper holding pressure to the mending

sewing villages along a sleeve of oracle
dreams to waken, waken dreaming from your stones
from your dreaming stones
take my name into your patient, waiting hands
take my name because no other ever will
take my name like silence, drink it down like water
down like water
throat and belly
while we stand together on the shore of plenty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home