Thursday, November 16, 2006

Axillary milk


dreamtime mother, please follow my heart-line
please turn my head toward your nurturing
please enter this sacred room and hold me close
bend your arm beneath my head
comfort and joy
find that place where love flows between us
embrace this moment
merge with me
tell each star and that sliver of moon
with the bird flying toward it on my morning walk
that we are perfected in love
as human and spirit
as darkness and glow
please take my chilly hands in your hand
look deeply into my eyes and smile
remind me that winter provides a sweetness all its own
empty your cup into my throat
please find the line down my body
that once was your line
let them fuse together in peace, in freedom
i am your child, a child of god
born into this world to fall down on my knees
gripping the great wet shaggy mane of rain in my hands
watching fish fight their way upstream to the bears who eat them
latching their eggs in sand
dawning light, courage to die
oh mother of night, in gratitude i pray

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home