Thursday, February 21, 2008

Piaf exposition


"Life stories do not make neat dramatic packages. They tend to meander, digress and accelerate in fits and starts while making little sense - at least the kind of sense that can be gracefully compressed into two hours of screen time." (Sandra Hall, Reviewer; The Sydney Morning Herald, July 7, 2007)


shoot me shoot me again shoot me my pain is facile, gregarious, musical

kill my pain kill my someone lost my open wounded voice

please destroy this tambourine that shakes my soul

first listen to this combination of pleading and exuberant rally

fill your empty heart with vibrations eminating from my broken life

like thunder, like green mountain gales and rainy streets

like barstool orgasms and filet mignon blood running on a white plate

like craziness and wholeness and blessed ruin tamping the powder into the canon

explosions you can't understand that blow your lonely waif of sin to hell and back again

pills and liquor and virtue lost inside this broken vessel

put to song like noble soaring perfect brave soldiers gone to die

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home